Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ZBrush Studies and Character Art!

Being a character artist or concept artist isn't really something I aspire to be professionally, but this semester I am taking the character art class and starting to play around in ZBrush and boy is it fun!  This is definitely something I see myself picking up on as a hobby, and I think it's a valuable skill set to have also even if it's not the career field I plan on going into; you never know when your skill sets might come in handy, right?

Additionally, the class has served as an interesting lens into writing.  Studying the look and feel and design - the art - of a character forces you to really dig into their backstories and their personality.  It is great practice for becoming a better filmmaker as a whole.

After five weeks of practicing with ZBrush, and lots of HORRIBLE models, I've finally made something I think is worth posting, even if it's not the greatest.  This is my second attempt of sculpting the female torso, and I think it came out pretty well.


No comments:

Post a Comment